An affirmation is a phrase that states something as true. Sometimes, our own thoughts are the ones that sabotage our efforts to get to our ideal weight. If you have being repeating yourself statements like: I am fat, my metabolism is very slow, I gain weight just by breathing, I just have to look at desert and I gain weight, I will never be slim, not even if I was born again could I be skinny, I have a thick body type, being fat is in my genes, I’m overweight because everyone in my family is also overweight, and so many similar ones…what do you think your body will do with all this negative information? Your body will behave most of the times in the way you have convinced it to. You subconscious it’s already convinced of what you have being telling him for so many years.
It is time to start feeding your mind with positive and different messages to what you have been accustomed to. The statements that we constantly tell ourselves are very powerful and determine many situations and emotions in our lives. Some experts suggest that for each negative message that we have repeated over the years, we must repeat at least twice as many positive messages that counteract it. The big changes do not happen overnight but if you are consistent, in just a few days you will start to notice different feelings that are the beginning of greater and bigger changes.
The affirmations that I include below are my favorites for when you want to help your mind and body to reach your ideal weight. Copy them, print them, send them to yourself or take a photo of them so that you repeat them daily. Ideally, read them at least 2 times a day. Read them before you go to sleep and as soon as you wake up. You can read them also throughout your day. There are people who feel affirmations are more effective when you read them out loud while looking at yourself in a mirror. To others it is more practical to have them on the bedside table to have them at hand just before bed and when waking up. You can choose the affirmations you like best, or use them all.
Here they are:
- My body will achieve its ideal weight.
- Food is a blessing that brings me joy and nurtures every cell of my body.
- I am grateful for natural whole foods that feed my body and mind.
- My body has the ability to be balanced and maintain a healthy weight.
- I eat my food mindfully, slowly, appreciating and enjoying every bite.
- My body is becoming stronger, healthier and slimmer everyday.
- I reward myself with healthy treats and with things that are good for my health.
- I have a fast metabolic rate.
- I enjoy nurturing my body with healthy food that my body needs.
- My body knows how to process food correctly.
- Everyday it gets easier to make the lifestyle choices that help my body to be healthier and balanced.
- My body burns calories and fat fast and efficiently.
- I am grateful for my body and all it does for me.
- I enjoy and support my journey towards my ideal weight.
- My body is thankful for how I take care of it and it let’s me know it by giving me increased energy, better health, a happy mind, and an ideal weight.
Sometimes we think that losing weight will increase our self-esteem, motivation, energy level, and happiness. We get frustrated when we fail to reduce inches. Sometimes you have to change the order. By working first our mind and changing our way of thinking we will reach our weight and health goals faster.
Have you used positive affirmations before? I would love to know how you feel if you decide to use them.
Health and good wishes!