If you love carrot cake, you’ll love these sugar free, gluten free pancakes. They will make any day of the week feel like the weekend and the nutritious ingredients will give you fueled for hours.
The star ingredients in this recipe are: carrots, cinnamon and oats (you’ll need to buy gluten free oats if you have a gluten sensibility). The carrots in these pancakes are filled with anti aging components that protect your organs. Cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices. It has properties that are anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and immunity boosting. It also protects against heart disease and lowers blood sugar levels. Oats will provide you with the fiber your digestive system needs to stay healthy and it also has protein to develop and maintain muscle mass.
Hope you make these and enjoy them knowing that you are giving your body something that on top of being delicious, will do your body good!
- 1 cup of oat flakes (gluten free oat flakes if you are sensitive to gluten).
- 1 cup of grated carrots.
- 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- 2 ripe bananas (better if they have small brown dots on them).
- 2 eggs.
- ½ a tsp of baking soda.
- Coconut oil or butter to grease the pan.
- Soak the oat flakes overnight.
- Drain them and put together with all ingredients on a blender.
- Blend until the consistency is that of pancake batter.
- Adjust to taste (add a little bit of water if you like thinner pancakes or a few more oat flakes if you want a thicker batter that will yield thicker pancakes).
- Cook the pancakes as usual in a well greased pan.