The first time I prepared these I made them thinking I would eat them on their own as a crunchy salty snack. As I’m one that’s always craving a good crunch, one day I added some of these chickpeas to a simple salad and I have being hooked in eating them in this way ever since. I love adding them to salads or to Buddha Bowls as a way to add crunchiness, lots of flavor, and lots of protein in the healthiest way. They will take any salad or Buddha bowl to another level of deliciousness! Either if you choose to eat them alone as a healthy snack, or to add them to salads or buddha bowls, I hope that you try them out! Here’s the super easy recipe:
- 1 can (approximately 15.5 ounces) of chickpeas (garbanzo beans).
- 1 tablespoon of olive or avocado oil.
- ¼ tsp of sea salt.
- ½ tsp garlic.
- ½ tsp onion powder.
- A dash of paprika.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Towel dry them.
- Put the dry chickpeas in a metal pan or cookie sheet for 15 minutes (without oil or any of the ingredients).
- Take them out of the oven, add all ingredients, and toss them around making sure all chickpeas are covered evenly.
- Spread the chickpeas evenly on a single layer (not on top of each other).
- Bake them for 10 additional minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Keep an eye on them towards the end to make sure they don't burn.
Foods like chickpeas and garlic make this recipe one that is full of benefits for your health. Here are some of the benefits:
- Helps to get rid of constipation.
- Helps to keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Helps to reduce cholesterol.
- Protects your body from chronic diseases caused by free radicals.
- Improves bone density.
- Promotes cardiovascular health.
- Helps to loose weight.
- Strengthens your inmune system.
I love to see your creations. Use the hashtag #TeamEHW on Instagram or tag me @ElenasHealthyWays on FB or IG so I can see your version of this or other recipes!