This Mango–Banana Nice-Cream is so easy to make and so delicious that you will more than likely want to double the recipe to keep some in your freezer. I can never make enough. It is also great for cooling down on a hot summer day with a sweet treat that has no refined sugars, gluten, or dairy.
You will need a food processor to blend everything together. Once it’s ready and served you can sprinkle it with chia seeds and shredded coconut as toppings for a good crunch and for additional fiber, protein and nutrients.
- 3 cups frozen mango.
- 1 cup frozen banana (about 1 banana).
- A pinch of sea salt.
- Optional: Chia seeds and coconut flakes as toppings for extra fiber and protein.
- Equipment needed: High power blender or food processor.
- Leave the frozen fruit outside of the freezer so it softens a little.
- Take a big knife and cut the frozen fruit into smaller pieces to make it easier on the blender or food processor.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- You can use a spatula to move the fruit around so they all blend together evenly.
- Serve and sprinkle with chia seeds and coconut flakes for additional nutrients and texture.
You don't need to add this if you are eating it right away.